Thursday, June 24, 2010

The iPhone 4 is here!

I would be so much more excited about this if I had been able to preorder one before apple’s servers blew up. But, that’s ok, I don’t really need it right this second. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself. In the mean time I’ve been playing around with the new features I can get on my regular old outdated 3GS with iOS4. So far, it’s pretty sweet. Multitasking is a big one, but something I’ve noticed is that it doesn’t work on all apps. Craigs Pro, for example, reloads even when using multitasking. But, according to apple, that’s the app’s fault, not theirs.

Check out all the new iPhone updates here.

Now, what does this have to do with a crispy lifestyle? Well, not too much, that’s why I don’t call myself crunchy. BUT, I did find some nifty information about how the iPhone 4 is at least a little greener than some of the other guys:

  • PVC-free handset 
  • PVC-free headphones
  • PVC-free USB cable
  • Bromine-free printed circuit boards
  • Mercury-free LCD display
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • Majority of packaging made from post-consumer recycled fiberboard and biobased materials
  • Power adapter outperforms strictest global energy efficiency standards

Pretty sweet, right? 

Right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment