Friday, June 25, 2010

Natural Ways to Repel Bugs



Lifehacker has a great article today on natural ways to repel bugs (i.e. without the spray).

I don’t know about you, but I get eaten alive in the summer time by mosquitoes. Pete’s always told me to eat pickled garlic to keep them away. Surprisingly, this works. I also discovered eating any type of garlic works (I suggest roasting it and spreading it on some yummy french bread. Never done this? You are missing out. Go here immediately).

So, suggestions from the lifehacker article include same pretty obvious things like getting rid of standing water, covering your food, burning citronella candles, and moving trashcans away. But, they also suggest some more interesting methods:
  • Build a bug trap
  • Plant a mosquito repelling garden with citronella grass, rosemary, catnip, and marigolds (you can even use the plants to cook up your very own completely natural bug spray)
  • Use non-toxic ant repellents like chalk & cucumber (cucumber, really?)
Sounds interesting, and I know Zelda the cat would be a big fan of option #2.

Lifehacker: Keep The Bugs at Bay Without Bug Spray

0 comments:

Post a Comment