Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Panic in the Cloth Diapering World

The CDing blogosphere was thrown into a tizzy today as Cotton Babies made the announcement that they would be discontinuing their widely popular BumGenius 3.0 pocket diapers. What will they be replaced with? Well, you're just going to have to wait and find out, because they aren't telling us until next week. Pretty genius marketing if you ask me, everyone is talking about it. And by everyone, I mean people who have cloth diapering blogs.



We have a couple BG3.0s, and I'm going to go ahead and predict the next product right now. Go ahead, brace yourself.

The next product will be called BumGenius 4.0 and they'll have snaps, or maybe even nicer velcro (I'll never understand why it's called aplix just because it's on a cloth diaper) similar to what Grovia uses. You see, Cotton Babies offers a one year warranty with all their diapers, and the biggest complaint I've heard about BGs is wearing velcro. I bet they're getting sick of fixing so many worn our diapers after 8 months, the next version is bound to address that issue.

But, I could be completely wrong. We'll just have to wait and see. Cotton Babies is making the announcement about the new product on June 29th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment