Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kleenex thinks you are dumb

That's the only explanation I can come up with after seeing their new product, Kleenex Hand Towels.


Now, don't get me wrong, we have paper towels in the house, but these are not marketed as paper towels. Kleenex is running a smear campaign against your evil cloth hand towels, and they want you to replace them with their disposable towels.

What's wrong with regular hand towels you ask? Well, they are filthy, you run the risk of bringing back small pox every time you use one. Which begs the question, when are they coming out with disposable pants? Sometimes (and by sometimes, I mean all the time) I'll wear jeans 3 or 4 times between washings. Help me kleenex, before they bring back the plague.

The best part is they've come up with this cute little song to market to kids, here are the lyrics:

My hands are gonna be clean
When I wash and I dry with mommy and sing
This song that's exactly two clean hands long
Warm water and soap and bubbles that shine
A Kleenex Hand Towel that's mine all mine
And a song that's exactly two clean hands long
No yucky old towel's gonna ruin my day
I dry my hands the Kleenex towel way
So if you're a fan of clean hands too
Roll up your sleeves and I'll sing with you.

Awesome.

2 comments:

flmom said...

I saw a commercial for these the other day and had to roll my eyes!

Thank you so much for catching that I didn't include the store locator on my Eco Lips review - the dangers of writing a post during the day while the kiddies are carrying on conversations with me at the same time! LOL They have a store locator here - http://www.ecolips.com/StoreLocator.aspx or you can order the balms and accessories from their site at the Eco Lips Store - http://www.ecolips.com/store/

Unknown said...

love this!! my initial thought when I saw the commercial was "so Im supposed to buy an upside-down tissue box??"

Sorry Kleenex, you lose.

Post a Comment